bumbu bali.

Took annual leave on both days this week (because there's something that I need to settle with my family), and on Wednesday, had dinner with mum, sis and her boyfriend, Z. Dad wasn't in KL and brother didn't want to follow us out so he stayed at home with Rainbow. My brother always misses out on all the good food, poor thing. Anyway, the four of us went for dinner at Bumbu Bali, Puchong. I've always wanted to go there, like, since five years ago (when I was still in uni, mind you) but never got the chance to. So this time, without hesitation, I whisked them over in my sister's car and had my wish come true. -laughs- I feel like Cinderella all of a sudden, after the previous sentence. Heh.

The first thing that got me disappointed when we arrived was the menu, and it wasn't until my sister and Z pointed it out that I noticed. I never knew that Bumbu Bali was actually Ole-Ole Bali in disguise! Or rather, the other way round. They have the exact same menu, though a little difference in their prices. Bummer. I thought Bumbu Bali was another Balinese restaurant worth drooling over because I've always heard positive reviews about it from my friends and have always wanted to try it out. But now that it's actually the same restaurant as Ole-Ole Bali in Sunway, there's nothing to hype over it I guess. Because, I always go to Ole-Ole Bali! -weak laugh-

Still, the interior design is a bit different from Ole-Ole Bali and the exotic decors by the side really triggered my photographer instinct. Too bad I didn't bring my DSLR! -disappointed again- But! I've got my Nokia E71 which still takes nice pictures. Here, piccas. Most of them are pretty decent and clear except for the last three ones which I had to use flash on them because the they dimmed the lights. Bad quality for the three. Meh.

The stairs leading to the second floor ♥♥

The front part (porch) ♥♥

Pretty traditional Balinese sculptures ♥♥♥♥

Exotic porcelain/wooden animals ♥♥♥♥

The Laughing Buddha ♥♥♥


Table decor. Nice flowers ♥♥

My Barley Lime ♥♥♥♥

My sis. She looks different here ♥♥♥♥

The table setting ♥♥

Ole-Ole Trio: a combination of Ole-Ole BBQ Wings, Sate Lilit and Cumi-Cumi
Goreng, served with Sambel Matah, Sambel Terasi, and Tartar Sauce ♥♥♥

Grilled Lamb Chop ♥♥♥♥

Balinese Grilled Salad: Grilled chicken with squid, served with 
Rempeyek, and spicy lemongrass and shallot dressing ♥♥♥

Because the dish portions in Bumbu Bali are expected to be the same as Ole-Ole Bali, so we just ordered three dishes to be shared among the four of us. Got all of us full by the end of the meal and was happy about it. The final bill total was about 90MYR which we split into four. I paid for my mum and me 50MYR which Z paid with his credit card for his share and my sister's.

Though I love Bumbu Bali's overall atmosphere and all, I still say that Ole-Ole Bali's food tastes better. Perhaps their head chef is over at Sunway's branch? I don't know, but yeah, will go back to Ole-Ole Bali instead of Bumbu Bali next time. -grins-

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment