takahashi is fake pasta zanmai!

First off, CNY 2010 was a major let down. Why? Let's tick:

1. Super hot weather (I've never experienced such degree of warmness in my entire life. It was 39°C at one point which we blared the air cond at full speed and still, feel warm. -sighs-)
2. No CNY feel at all (Just like any ordinary day. No fireworks. No going over to people's house for angpows. No nothing except a few relatives coming over and us going to theirs.)
3. Little angpow money (I guess this is self-explanatory.)
4. Not many friends came back (Everyone must be avoiding Malaysia, I guess. -shrugs-)
5. First day of CNY = Valentine's Day (Couples don't get to celebrate damnit! Wabbit was exactly 888.63 miles away from me on 14th February 2010! Wtf. Yes, I calculated.)
6. No shopping (How could this happen?! Mom doesn't wanna bring me shopping because!!! Please refer to #1.)
7. Cocoa was being an ass (Yes, that's the new name of my family's new German Shepherd. She's a baby so she's not good at recognising people which led her barking at me and my brother most of the time when we enter our own house. Bad dog! Bad, bad dog!!)

Anyways, though there are plenty of not-so-nice reasons that points to an unhappy CNY this year, there are still quite a few happy moments that I'd shared with my family. Like the day when me, my mother and I quietly went to Takahashi and had treated ourselves to some nice food without my dad's knowledge; or the day when me and my sister helped out my mother in the kitchen to prepare for new year's dinner and acted ourselves silly with the movie recorder on my cellphone. Ah, good times.

So, piccies time? -grins-


It's my first time to Takahashi (I know, I know. I haven't been back to Ipoh for like almost a year, blame me) and I must say, I'm in love with their shop's interior design ♥♥


Cute little decoration just right in front of the ordering counter ♥


The chawanmushi from my mother's set lunch.


My mom's mushroom soup. Yum ♥


My Teriyaki Chicken Set which comes with a miso soup, salad, a bowl of rice, the chicken itself and also some peaches as dessert ♥♥♥


My sister's Onsen Tamago & Mushroom Pasta ♥


My sis with her gyoza ♥♥


Gyoza. It's a bit too salty though ♥


Cute line-up of seasonings beside the table ♥♥

Even though I wanted to take more pictures of the shop, but it's lunch time and there are a lot of people queuing up outside waiting for a table so I didn't manage to take any. Plus, the food there are really not that nice. -sadface- It's practically a F&B ripoff of Pasta Zanmai. Pasta Zanmai is wayyyyyyy better. Anyhow, me and my sister treated my mom with our angpows money. Heh.

There are still a lot of pictures to post up but it's getting late and I need sleep. I want to cuddle! I WANT CUDDLES!! ♥♥♥♥ -tackleglomps mr.bear-

G'night.

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment