some family time

Beware: Super lengthy post with lots of piccas :)

Mum and dad came up to KL this weekend and I, being the ever obedient daughter that I am, went back to Puchong to accompany them. I even canceled my weekend appointments for them. So am I a good girl or what? -grins- Anyways, I drove back on Friday evening right after work and sped over to catch them for dinner. Michelle was there as well and we had some really yummilicious chicken, bitter gourd egg, minced pork, veggies, soups and old cucumber soup (mine!) at Kong Sai Restaurant in Bandar Puteri at Puchong. My first time there and really, they give me a really good first impression. The food there are yummy and the price is reasonable, too. Will definitely go back there again! Unfortunately, I didn't manage to take any piccas. -sadface-

And also, Rainbow's here! -jumps around-

Fast forward to Saturday morning and I wake up to Rainbow's loud barking and a really delicious aroma wafting through the air and breezed into my bedroom. Dragged myself out of bed, washed up and headed over to the kitchen area to find this:

Lazy Rainbow staring up at my hand phone camera ♥♥♥♥

Called him 'fat boy' and toyed (not played) around with him before entering the kitchen to my mum and sister preparing our lunch. Both of them were moving around the kitchen like pro-chefs, cooking up some unfamiliar dish and I, being the ever apprentice, moved around as well to well... take pictures of them cooking. Ain't a very helpful apprentice, am I? -laughs- Glad they didn't kick me out though.

 The ingredients, half of them. The rest are in the pot already ♥♥♥

My sister in her plain-jane look. Wonder what she's cooking? ♥♥♥

A mixture of ingredients in the porcelain pot ♥♥♥

Ginseng chicken soup with red dates ♥♥♥

After snapping around until there's nothing else to take pictures of anymore, Rainbow caught my attention so here he is... being lazy and lazing around the kitchen entrance. He was chewing on my mum's house slippers when I scolded him so he gave me this innocent look:

Imma innocent dog. I bet you 100MYR he still has his teeth in the cotton in here ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lazy dog! Rainbow imitating a white furry carpet ♥♥♥

I got bored when Rainbow ignored me and went back to snapping pictures of the chefs. The dish looks almost done in here. By this time, my stomach was already grumbling and protesting a strike. Then, my mum asked me to taste the gravy and I did. Ah, yummy until can die!!

Super yummy almost done unknown dish ♥♥♥

After a few more minutes, yummy unknown dish is DONE! Time to eat! -drools- ♥♥♥

Another yummy dish: Minced pork with dried cuttlefish ♥♥♥

Yummy unknown dish again because it's too yummy to be ignored ♥♥♥

The moment I took a bite out of the chicken in the YUD (yummy unknown dish), I was instantly in heaven. Really. No joke. People should really try making this in restaurant and get bazillion customers a day lining up just to eat this. Mum got this recipe from a chinese newspaper and it's actually written as a new year dish but whatever. Who says you can't eat new year dishes during normal days? -grins-

By the way, YUD is made up of 8 types of ingredients which are chicken, waxed duck, waxed sweet sausages, button mushrooms, carrots, big mushrooms, parsleys, and spring onions. Add a little soy sauce, pepper and sugar and tadah!, you get this YUD. -lol- It's so delicious that I ate two plates of white rice and finished a big bowl of soup. I know, I know, I'm getting fatter. But when you have dishes as delicious as this right in front of you, can you resist? Heh. You definitely can't.

Rainbow says: BOWBOWWANTSSOME! Aww, how cute ♥♥♥♥♥♥

After lunch, I offered to wash the dirty dishes. Of course lah, mum and sis cooked for us already, I won't want them to do anymore right? I'm an appreciative person. -grins- So I scrubbed the dishes and after that, dad said that we're going out to Sunway Pyramid (again). Prettify (tagline ©Sinma) myself (but not before my sis complained that I wore her green shirt again) and off we go.

Reached Sunway at around 15:30 and walked around. Mum and sis bought each a pair of pants and button-down shirt from POTS-1 the moment we entered the mall and dad actually offered to pay for them. Surprise, surprise. -haha- Then walked around again until we saw My Honeymoon and decided that we need some err... refreshment. Mum protested at first, saying that we just had lunch! but gave in to me and my sister's puppy eyes in the end.

So we sat down and uh-ahs over the menu before deciding that we're gonna order these to share among ourselves:

Mum and dad's Peanut Dessert - RM6 ♥♥♥

Me and sis's cold Mango Sago - RM8 ♥♥♥

The peanut dessert was served hot, not to my liking. I prefer my dessert cold so yeah, was in heaven again. The mango sago tastes different from the ones I buy from pasar malams. They actually put milk into this one and it actually tastes good. My sister don't really like it though. I'm in love with the mangoes more than the sago itself. Also, Dad paid, so it tasted extra good. -lol-

After the 'refreshment', we walked around again. Sis bought a pair of cute yellow sandals from JEEP® which costs only 15MYR. It's Matt by BIEM. Never heard of the brand though but who cares? It's super cute.

Striking yellow shoes ♥♥♥

After the shoes, we walked around again and I was tempted to buy this black leather wallet for Wabbit but I'm broke so the idea was scrapped. Almost bought a really cute neon pink cylinder sling bag because I'm sort of addicted to pink recently but again, no money. -sadface- Tried to persuade my sister to buy it so that I can borrow it some time but failed. -more sadface-

Anyway, mum wanted to buy evening wear for my cousin brother's wedding which is coming really soon so we stopped by Somerset Bay, then ELEMENTS, then VOIR, before ended up at Asian Avenue because me and sis were carving for Shihlin's Taiwan Street Snack's XXL Chicken! But before that, we stopped by Shibuya/Apee and I bought myself another pair of skinny jeans because really, I wasn't happy with the one jeans that I was wearing together with the green butterfly sleeve shirt. Blergh. I know, I'm feel like a fashion victim now. So I spent 70MYR for the a+ap jeans and changed it right on spot after the purchase. It fits perfectly and I don't even need to trim the length this time (I usually do because hell, I'm short, okay?).

After my jeans adventure, we went over to buy our chicken! Heh. Had to wait for around 10 minutes to get ours because there's too many customers there. And then, there's this stupid biatch who cut the queue and the guy behind the counter actually lets her! Wtf. Fine, we're civilized people so we'll tolerate those uncivilized people who only speaks mandarin like ho. No use getting angry over something so small, I think.

We finally got our XXL chicken and resumed shopping. Sis did all the cutting and I just basically stood there and let her feed me. -evil laughs- Told you I love my sister, right? Finished the chicken within less than 10 minutes and then, walked around some more. Mum wanted to buy leather bags so we went over to Chevy but didn't buy anything so we walked again. At around 18:30, my dad said that we should have dinner soon so we went over to this Korean stall, The Street Cafe, and had these:

Sweet BBQ Chicken Combo Set ♥♥♥

Tteokbokki Combo Set ♥♥♥

My Kimchi Fried Rice Set ♥♥♥♥

Plain Korean Pancake ♥♥♥

All combo sets comes with a soup and a plate of kimchi. Their Korean tea, the Corn Tea aka Oksusu Cha costs 1.90MYR per glass, pale yellow in color, tastes like corn with a tinge of barley and it's a bottomless drink. You can refill it as much as you want. The tea is without tea leaves and it's very good for your health, according to the laminated info on the wall. Its benefits includes helping to reduce high blood pressure, ease stomach pain due to indigestion and also relief fatigue.

The food tastes good except for the Tteokbokki Combo Set which my dad ordered. It's too spicy and sweet to our tongues. In the end, my mum swapped hers with my dad because we're worried that he'll feel not well after eating it. -loves on mum- The bill was only around 55MYR for everything. Quite reasonable for Korean food, I guess.

When dinner's done, we head over to Jusco so that my mum and sis could buy more cooking ingredients for tomorrow's lunch. I asked my sis to bake me some cookies and so, she bought baking ingredients as well. We're gonna bake it today so yeah, will post that up later if it goes well (which it likely will; of course!).

I know, this is such a long post. I've been sitting here and typing for about an hour before I came to this line. Whoever said blogging is easy? -lol- By the way, I'm hungry already. Where's my lunch? I had this sad breakfast in the morning (two overcooked soft boiled eggs) and I'm really hoping that my lunch will at least taste good. If not, make it really. Heh.

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment