din tai fung

Went to MidValley and The Gardens on a Saturday (yesterday) for brunch before Wabbit starts her night shift. Arrived there at around 12:00 and window shopped around before deciding on having chinese at Din Tai Fung. To be honest, we were attracted by the restaurant's interior more than its food selection. Heh. So in we go and after a strings of welcomes, the waiteress handed us the menu:

Red and black, I like ♥♥

The order sheet with a wide varieties of food to tick for.

After long minutes of going through the menu over and over again, I settled for their chef's recommended 'LaMien mixed in bean sauce' (noodles) while Wabbit ticked their 'Szechuan noodles' or something along that line. She picked one of the appetizers which looks like the Japanese dish 'Chuka kurage' but tastes entirely different for it. Not my favorite though.

Next, we ordered one of their recommended famous dumpling which is the steamed shrimp and pork dumpling. Let me tell you, this dim sum dish is one of the most delicious amongst delicious dumplings that I've ever had in my entire life. It even beats I-Dragon's pork dumpling. Srsly. No joke. Now that I'm blogging about it and looking at the piccas, I feel like having them over and over again. Here's the piccas of the dishes that we ordered (beware if you're currently famished like me):

My LaMien. It's actualy quite nice but still, nothing can beat hakka mee! -evil cackle-

Wabbit's Szechuan noodle. I don't like the taste though. I'm surprised she can actually finish it.

This imitation of 'chuka kurage' is okay. Hmm. Wished it tastes more like the Japanese one though.

Tadah! Last but not least, the one and only dish that will make me go back there over and over again - Steamed shrimp and pork dumplings ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Anyways, I'm going to rate this restaurant a 3.5/5 because I don't think the food there are nice, just so-so. But I honestly think that their dumplings are one of the best that I've ever had. Plus, the service there is quite good as well with servers dressed in cute uniforms. Heh. And the interior contributes to the overall, too.

The downside about this restaurant is that they charge really expensive. You know how much we paid for the above 'normal' dishes? More than 70MYR! Wow, blood suckers. The only time I'm ever gonna go back there is maybe to bring my parents to try them out or maybe when I'm reallyreallyreally carving for their dumplings. 'Nuff said.

Um, this is not a food review. -sweatdrops- I realize that I'm getting fat. Not fat fat, but you know, I have a food belly now. Need to exercise more!! I'm planning to go for yoga classes with Karen after my overseas trip. So, yeah.

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment