la bodega @ bsc

Wabbit whisked me away from the office right after work yesterday and called up Esther to meet up. Decided on Bangsar Shopping Center (which is pretty darn near my office actually) and reached there within ten minutes. Walked around for more than half and hour and when Esther's still not there, we just went into La Bodega and waited for her inside. Flipped thru the menu for about twenty minutes before we decided to order our drinks first while waiting for Esther. That woman's late!

Anyways, here's some piccas of their menu:

Cover with their really cute custom made matchbox ♥♥



 Top part of the cover.

First page. I like the fonts ♥♥

One of the pasta & burger pages. We ordered the second one ♥♥

Appetizer page. We ordered the second one on the page as well. Lol.

One of the tapas pages. We took the Gambas 'Paco Alcalde" ♥♥

Cocktail of the month page.

After going thru the whole menu, I ordered the mocktail "My Ex Virgin" and Wabbit ordered "Cosmopolitan". Good choice, I have to say. Heh. Esther arrived not long after we ordered our drinks and then the three of us ordered our share of food - Penne Puttanesca with Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables, Caesar Salad, Gambas "Palco Alcalde". Esther ordered herself a 42 SOTO ♥♥

My "My Ex Virgin" ♥♥♥♥

The ingredients in my mocktail - lychees and I forgot what else. Haha.

Wabbit's Cosmopolitan with lemon peel ♥♥

Esther's 42 Soto with Spanish liqueur. The liqueur is a bit too heavy for me.

The service at La Bodega is not too bad, though I suspected a few times that the waiter who served us don't really understand what we're asking about. For example, when Wabbit asked him "Which one is your best seller here?" and pointed to one page, he went on and showed us other stuffs. And then, Wabbit was like, oh okayyyy. -sweatdrops-

The time it took for our food to arrive was kind of quick, probably because it's a weekday and there's not much diners. Most of the customers were there for a drink. The food, I'd say, good. It's delicious even. Their Caesar Salad is nice, though it lacks the taste of Parmesan cheese. I prefer Brussels' Ceasar Salad still. Their tapas was kind of disappointing though. I was expecting something other than sliced baguettes because well, they're famous for their tapas, right? It should be something special. Oh well, but the prawns were good because I get to gobble the whole bowl down. Esther and Wabbit don't really like prawns it seems. PRAWNS/SHRIMPS ARE MY FAV ♥♥♥♥

Caesar Salad with beef bacon which I can't eat! -sadface-

Gambas "Palco Alcalde" which translate to Prawns in an 'Andalusia style' spicy garlic & tomato sauce ♥♥♥

The pasta came after the tapas. Really, really delicious. I love the grilled brinjals. I know, weird, but I like brinjals. -lol- The tomato paste tastes just right with anchovies thrown in. And and, the Parmesan cheese! Yummm. We shared among the three of us and I can't seem to get enough of this plate of beautiful pasta. The penne is in the right softness, too. Haha.

Penne Puttanesca with Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables ♥♥♥

After we finished up the pasta, Esther said that it seems like she's still not full. I agreed so she went ahead and ordered an extra burger. La Bodega's Famous Cheese Burger. I was eagerly waiting for the burger to arrive and when it did, I found out that it's a beef burger! -cries- Can't even have a bite because it seems like the whole burger is on beef gravy. Wabbit, at this time, said that she's super full and can't even swallow anything anymore which leaves Esther to eat the burger alone. I managed to force Wabbit to have a quarter of it and Esther had another. The other half, dabao-ed. For JJ and Jenna, Esther's nephew and niece. Lucky kids.

The burger. I only had the fries. -sad-

Ahhh, at least the fries are good with tomato sauce!

That's all I guess for my personal review on La Bodega at BSC. Wabbit said that we're never going back there again because it's too expensive. The total bill was more than 170MYR but I still think it's okay because we actually ordered for four people instead of three. When we're back home, I paid her back 50MYR for 'wallet damage fees' after she kept on complaining about it.

By the way, I can't wait for this Saturday. Korea here I come!! -jumps-

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment